Katey in Zambia

My adventures as a Peace Corps HIV/AIDS Project Volunteer in Zambia. *The contents of this blog are my own opinions and do not reflect those of the United States Peace Corps.*

Sunday, July 16, 2006

i forgot to write about...

MY BIRTHDAY!
So now I am 22... heres how the day went.
Liz, my PC neighbor hung a happy birthday sign in my pit latrine (at squatting level) so that it was the first thing I saw. Then she played me a really funny birthday song on her ipod. All of the trainees sang me happy birthday. Josh went and got the charged cell phone in the dark (a social no no here i guess)... but anyway he rocks, got the cell phone, brought it to my hut at night, almost got eaten by liz's dogs and my host father got REALLY confused... I did get to talk to the fam on my birthday though!
So thats what a Zam-birthday is like. Tomorrow is the 9 hour journey from Lusaka to Chipata for the night, then off to my BOMA (nearest town) for my future site to do some meet and greet and see what the life of a volunteer is like!
Miss you all!
Katey

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katey King!!! Happy belated birthday! I hope everything is going swell in Zambambambia. I miss you and love you and I LOVE your scarf. Just so you know.

xoxoxox
chad

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT IS YOUR NEW ADDRESS?? I HAVE A LETTER FOR YOU.

Miss you.
-rach

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home