Katey in Zambia

My adventures as a Peace Corps HIV/AIDS Project Volunteer in Zambia. *The contents of this blog are my own opinions and do not reflect those of the United States Peace Corps.*

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Site Yeah Yeah!

So today, just now, I got my site placement. Turns out its close enough to bike to Malawi... only on vacation though, with PC permission. The first things that my PCVL told me about my site were... "Katey, there are a few things you should know about your site and you are just going to have to deal with them. You don't have a water source (but your villagers will go get water and boil it for you, so don't worry... the last volunteer who was there for only 6 months never got sick, its okay); you have a giant hole in the middle of your compound with a fence around it (you could turn it into a really awesome cooler in temperature insaka of sorts); you do have a huge house (on PC Zambia terms) and since you are the second volunteer the floor has already been cemented. So, off I go to Eastern Province tomorrow to visit another volunteer there to see what this whole PC thing is really all about. Miss you all!
Katey

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katey....How exciting! Now it won't take so long to get to you when we come visit : ) Have a safe trip! WE love YOU!

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home