Katey in Zambia

My adventures as a Peace Corps HIV/AIDS Project Volunteer in Zambia. *The contents of this blog are my own opinions and do not reflect those of the United States Peace Corps.*

Saturday, June 10, 2006

in zambia now

Tonight is my second night in Zambia and I am LOVING it! Its great to be back on the continent!
I've been having a grand time with the trainees but I'm excited to get this show on the road.
After talking with embassy people and getting 3 more shots in a string of 15 total, we went shopping to prepare for our first site visit in Zambia where we visit a current volunteer. (the best part is that he is raising chickens as part of his nutrition project, how perfect!)
I also chose my language today... Tumbuka... 3 volunteers total are learning it, so it will be our "secret language", especially becuase I am fairly certain I will NEVER meet anyone in the states that speaks a language spoken in a tiny part of Zambia eh?!
Overall I'm just overjoyed to be here and you all should write me a lot because this is my last internet for 9 weeks... so snail mail is the way to be... and its a whole lot easier to return letters than to write everyone at once!
I miss you all!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss katey king, i am so glad to hear you have made it there safely, and although you are not going to get this for 9 weeks, just know that i'm thinking of you lots and lots and lots. i am going to send you a letter. i miss you lots and lots. take care! do good!

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"anonymous" should read: Sarah B. Studer! I don't know how to work this blog thing. But I wrote that last comment.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! I know you are super excited to be there! It sounds like you are home once again! I leave on Sunday for VA for orientation, and head out on the 21st for Santa Lucia, Honduras. I cannot wait, I am so excited!

I have to run, but best wishes and take care!
Love, Morgan

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Africa Katey! I hear the excitement in your written words. I am thrilled for you! Of course, it doesn't make us miss you less, we just know you are having the time of your life. Luapula Province, chickens, obscure language...God is good.
Hang in there baby girl. We love you and have snail mail on it's way!
Love, Mama

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KATEY KING!! I think it's awesome you're getting msg's from people you know in Africa already! You are sooo worldly. Miss you tons. just like sarah said, do good!

justin

ps, i think there are black widows in the house. i didn't think we got those, but apparently we just might do.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I think justin is a bit confused.... but i would be too if I lived with those spiders. So anyways, KATEY MF KING! I am glad that you made it safely. i send my love, Ginger

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie! I am so proud of you. I just sent some photos of Ford's wedding to your GMAIL account...hope you get them - if not, I'll send some hard copy. We love you and miss you tons.

Love, Tricia (and Eric)

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Katey King! It's so fabulous that you're back there. Glad that you're there safe and sound... I'm sure you're already well into the adventure. Loving that you'll keep us all posted on your worldliness. Be weel, Katey King!
loveya,
Colleen

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home