Katey in Zambia

My adventures as a Peace Corps HIV/AIDS Project Volunteer in Zambia. *The contents of this blog are my own opinions and do not reflect those of the United States Peace Corps.*

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Tutaonana, hakuna kwaheri

The kiswahili phrase says it best... "see you later, no goodbyes".

I've spent the last 3 weeks transitioning from college student in a perfect little UPS bubble to a Peace Corps trainee. Its been a good transition, don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed the time to move away from Tacoma and move back in with my parents and spend quality time with them. This has been the best visit with them, well, ever.

To tell the truth, however, I'm just tired of saying "goodbye". 3 weeks is too long to slowly say goodbye to everyone, yet the right amount of time also... I have been given the gift of spending quality time with most people that I hold dear. It has been very overwhelming as well. I am most excited about finally starting this adventure because it marks the end of my constant feeling of "leaving" and loss, and marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life, it is now the "going" part of this crazy transition in my life. I much prefer to "go" than "leave".

All said and done, I depart for Philly tomorrow morning, so this blog signals, as Ron Tom so eloquently pointed out, not the end, but rather a new beginning... my own personal commencement. I am not saying "goodbye" per se, but rather "see you all later", as I hope that my friends will remain a part of life throughout all of the adventures I embark on. "See you later" friends, keep in touch!

Love, love and ninawapenda!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home