Katey in Zambia

My adventures as a Peace Corps HIV/AIDS Project Volunteer in Zambia. *The contents of this blog are my own opinions and do not reflect those of the United States Peace Corps.*

Sunday, May 27, 2007

random

Well folks, I tried to put pics up again of the new village... but, again, i am in zambia... so i will have to try again later!

All is well over here, not much in the way of village work lately as I have been out of my village for a few weeks now attending Peace Corps meetings, writing grant proposals, and being in limbo without enough days to get back to the village between these meetings. It has been nice to catch up with the other volunteers though, as we don't see any of them up in Lundazi!

I have been sewing a lot lately, and it looks like one of my HIV/AIDS community groups will be sewing bags etc. for an income generating activity to support orphans and vulnerable children... so, keep that in mind, and when their small business takes off, I'll let you all know back in the states and I am sure they would be elated to have orders from you... and you can make a difference in the lives of those affected by HIV/AIDS "one bag at a time". I know its really cheesy, but many of you have been asking how you can help me with my work. This might be the best way... because its not me who needs the help, its my friends over here in Zambia who are trying to start a sustainable project! I am crossing my fingers that all goes well becuase they have some really good ideas about sensitization and support programs!

In a week or so I'm headed back to the village until July, so I am sure I will have things to report... stay tuned and keep the letters coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home